Paul just commented how amazing it is that Juni can talk so much
without saying a word. She is 17 months old and she vocalizes all day
long but she really only creates about 4 sensible words. She says Daddy
for sure and for at least a month her one and only word was shoes. She's
very concerned with shoes. We were trying to leave one day and I said
"Juni, can you find my shoes?" and she did!! She brought both of them to
me. I was shocked. She said ball for the first time yesterday and she
can say hi (sort of). Her other sure word is Lucy. We have been watching
Jeanette's dog for almost two weeks and Juni loves to give Lucy her
food and eat Lucy's food out of Lucy's dog bowl. In fact there isn't
much Juni won't eat as long as she can find it on the floor, in a trash
can or some other gross place. I know she is not the first child to suck
on a used cigarette butt, (the horror), and it's not uncommon to find
rocks and dirt in her mouth. If she can sit down in the dirt and put it
in her hair and eat it, she certainly will. She puts anything and
everything into her mouth, except at mealtimes. Feeding her is a
challenge, not only because she drops her food on the floor for Lucy,
but because she has an uncanny ability to mutilate any food item into
the smallest stickiest morsels, spread them everywhere and not end up
eating a thing! She likes cheese sticks and hot dogs the best. Ugh. She
loves her milk. She loves candy and if anyone in the house is eating
candy its like she can smell it in the air and she is at their feet
begging. Clever girl. She hates to be fed and will always grab the fork
or spoon from me to eat if I try to help her. she also loves to eat
erasers off of pencils. I swear there is nothing she likes more. She can
find a pencil anywhere and just starts gnawing. She has been doing it
her whole life. It's so habitual I would call it one of her favorite
things in the world.
Joren is very protective of his room and his
stuff. He organizes and lays out all his belongings very precisely
which makes Juni's presence in his room a recipe for a seriously
volatile situation! Juni seems to know how much he hates her moving his
stuff around so she tries to do it more. It drives him crazy! Joren has
this little stuffed chair I covered for Teig when he was a baby that he
has claimed for his own. Juni loves it and daily will go in Jorens room
and take the things off it that he has carefully placed there and sit
in it. Joren just loses it!
Juni loves her brothers! She banged
her head repeatedly on the headboard this morning to make us laugh. She
is super good natured. I have to wake her up from her naps all the time
to go to swimming or soccer or Tae quan do or arts camp and she always
just smiles and goes along. What a trooper! She is always up for having
fun. She smiles all the time, unless of course she's giving you her
famous stink eye. She has a pout face that can melt anyone. The boys
sometimes try to say mean things to her to get her to give them the pout
face because it's so cute. I've been putting her hair in pigtails for a
few weeks and I'm not kidding; she's too cute for words. She's so
lucky to be a baby, she gets to wear sundresses just about every day.
She loves to swim and at the pool she is a constant danger to herself
because she is so adventurous. No fear! She's recently stopped pulling
everything out of the cupboards, but she is still a whirlwind. I just
walk behind her trying to keep up with the giant messes she is capable
of constantly making. I know this exploration stage does not last that
long and I am committed to laugh through it. That's the only way to
survive! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment