I'm picking Eirik up from the airport right now. He got to go on a
trip with Jeanette and Jake. They took off 10 days ago and traveled
through the Tetons, through Yellowstone and down to Utah. Along the way
they got to ride horses, run from herds of bison, get dangerously close
to a grizzly mama and her cub, kayak, and sleep in tents and under the
stars. Knoowing Jeanette there were probably plenty of treats and
spoiling on top of that. After Jeanette dropped him off at his cousins
house in Provo and swam
in their pool for an afternoon, my mom
picked him up for another weekend of camping adventure with my parents,
my sister Amy and her family and Michael and maybe day and Tera, (I have
to check) on about thursday, Eirik's excitement about being away from
home was whaning and by Saturday he was definitely ready to come home.
He caught a serious cade of "homesick" so we flew him home early. To be
honest, it was too long for me too. He was scheduled to drive back with
Jeanette tomorrow and take 3-4 days camping on the way back. We all
miss our Eirik too much to let him stay that long. I'm excited to see
him. (and might I say, a bit jealous of all his amazing adventures!)








No comments:
Post a Comment