Sunday, September 8, 2013

"You have your hands full!"

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me I have my hands full, this summer, I would be taking myself to a fancy restaurant tonight.
A good example happened this morning when I had to carry Juni back from the bustop with two giant umbrellas my boys had insisted on taking and then don't know how to close. Juni was slipping out of my arms, we were getting soaked and just then Teig ran out of the house and across the street naked.  Nice mom moment. 
Usually when someone says I have my hands full I can smile and say, "aren't they great."  Sometimes I can laugh about the situation.  Sometimes I want to round house that judging, insensitive observer and sometimes I just want to disappear. Any way around it, I wish they wouldn't say that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Melody! I LOVE reading your blog! You have fantastic kids and I know you are an amazing Mom! I used to hear comments like that all the time. I felt the same way. Sometimes it was easy to smile and sometimes I wanted to throw punches. I finally realized people just don't know what to say sometimes and it's just them making conversation. Irritating conversation. But just conversation. The older my kids get the less I hear. Probably because I don't have to drag all 5 with me everywhere I go anymore. My oldest are now my babysitters. The comments will eventually end. I'm sorry people don't realize the impact their words have on you. Or other mothers. It's frustrating. Just keep being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally late on commenting, but I really dislike those types of comments because they feel so negative. My favorite when I am out with the 6 is "are they all yours?" As if I would take someone elses 6 children to the grocery store haha!
    You are a fabulous mom and really we all have those moments :)

    ReplyDelete