Friday, July 19, 2013

Another perfect day

Another gorgeous day. Jorens last day of sports camp. Eirik bought me a frame at a garage sale. Paul and I met with 5 contractors at the office to get bids on all of the work we want to have done.
Pizza at round table with Grandma Pat and Grandpa John. We took the kids to Costco to get goodies for aunt Kristen's birthday party at our house tomorrow. Eirik wanted to buy us all ice cream with his allowance. On the way home we stopped to check out our third Marshall arts studio. It was perfect so we signed the boys up for a 3 week trial period. It's expensive but you should have seen our adorable boys working so hard to impress Master Lee. They showed their best manners, their hardest punches and their loudest giiups. (I don't know how I spell that). They were so elated when I told them I paid for a trial period. Eirik offered to do 8 extra jobs tomorrow and said we were the best parents in the world. I did feel pretty awesome, but it's not me, it's Paul that is amazing. I remember wanting so bad to go to gymnastics when I was a kid but classes were $40/ month and it was too much for our big family. I was the oldest of six and it was too hard for my mom to take me into town dragging along my 5 siblings. I was so disappointed. I remember having to quit right before our first tournament. I hope my parents don't feel bad when they read this. I understand perfectly what a huge sacrifice that would have been for my whole family. I would have loved to do more dance, art, martial arts, sports, everything and I am so excited that money won't hold my kids back from opportunities. I am also reeling with excitement when I look through the west linn parks and recreation booklet at all the classes, camps and workshops offered. My lucky kids!! The Tae Kwon do program we chose requires that the kids earn good attitude stripes from their parents at home before they can test for their next belts. That also have stripes they earn for good schoolwork which their teachers have to sign, and stripes for book reading! I love it!
Tonight while eating sundaes in front of Costco I played "would you rather" with Teig and he answered all of my questions with the most an animated face and loud intensity. He was spitting on me in excitement. I was dying with how cute he was. Tonight Joren told me a bedtime story about super owls that had 3rd senses which were super powers. The super owls made houses for all the other owls and shared their big homes with them so they were all big happy families. I spied on them after they were supposed to be going to sleep and they were being sneaky and looking out the window and making up spooky stories about what was out in the distance. Then they dared each other to go downstairs. It was fun to watch them scheming and even more fun to startle them when they tried to sneak out. Eirik read his first chapter books tha week. I gave him a dollar. Thank you West Linn library!

Teig says breakfast:bekast
I called the tv remote a camote.
He says "I have to show you funsing"







1 comment:

  1. You make me miss Oregon! I want to smooch those sweet cheeks on Juni baby. Myra had me wondering if I would ever think another baby was cute again, but Juni definitely is. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete