I feel like I am in the long stretch now. 5 weeks until my due date seems like a million years. Juniper is very active. Which means she never stops squirming. I think she wants to come out as much as I want her to. I held a newborn at a baby shower the other day and got even more excited. I just can't wait to have her in my arms, (and get my body back). I feel like a cripple hobbling uncomfortably around. I started wearing Paul's sweats last week an have barely taken them off. I have nothing else that does not hurt to wear. My hips just hurt. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to carry around a lot of extra weight all the time. I have a lot more empathy now. I just keep telling myself that this is the last month of my life that I will be pregnant and to enjoy this amazing (painful) journey.
I have been trying to plan fun things I have to do every week to make the time pass faster. I threw a birthday party luncheon for my friend Britni last week. I worked like crazy to get this house clean and pretty. It was so nice to reclaim my house for a moment. It's impossible to think I can keep it clean like that for long. I tried for a few days after the party and realized I was killing myself and resenting my family so life went back to a less stringent standard. It makes me feel like a failure but I have to let it go or go crazy. It was fun to have so many of my friends come over for the party and the food was very tasty. I made this delicious chocolate cake which I can't wait to make again.
Decorating for valentines day is always fun. I love our mailboxes. The kids think I should put something in them everyday. That's some pressure but how fun to exchange love notes for two weeks. My Joren told me last night that he would never love me less. Teig tells me every night "I wuv ooo o much mom" he is delightful in everyday right now. Really , he could not be more amiable, kind, easily entreated, tidy, reasonable, considerate and cute. I never imagined a 2 year old could ever be so fun to be around. I am so lucky. And, our awesome little Teig is mostly potty trained this week. We are on our 4th day and no accidents yesterday. I am so proud of him. His brothers told him that his underwear are called super dupes. He never wants to get his super dupes wet. So cute!






No comments:
Post a Comment