Teig wins so far. Joren got 2 stitches a few months ago, but Teig got 4 in his forehead this evening. We used durobond stitches on Christmas day after church when he sliced his forehead open on a door, but it was still gaping too much, so we held him down and got it nice and tight. Hopefully that will prevent a big ugly scar on his cute little forehead. Man he has had a hard week. He has lots of molars coming in, and he's suddenly aware that he does not get all the privileges that his older brothers get and it's making him fighting mad. He threw some intense tantrums today. They were the kind where you almost want to run for the video camera because you just can't believe the insanity. This morning he wanted markers like his brothers, but he kept putting them in his mouth and getting covered in marker, so I had to take them away. Next, he wanted my phone, but he kept calling people. He wants to be on the kitchen table no matter what we are doing at the table. He wants to be in our laps, but as soon as he is he wants down, he wants to be picked up and then put down. He can't stand to see anyone eat something he is not eating but once you give it to him he throws it on the ground or gives it to Tor. He LOVES candy, like nobody's business. His tantrums now include throwing himself backward into whatever is back there- sharp corner, thumbtacks, shovel, he doesn't care. He has to investigate everything, ie: break it.
However, Joren is just about as bad or worse right now. Joren can't keep his hands off of the boys. His every other word is poop peep, or fart or his newest favorite that he thinks is a swear word, Hoover Damn. He is very very fond of saying, "you are the stupidest mover ever!" I heard it no less than 100 times today. He absolutely refuses to do what I ask him to do, and pretends he does not know how to do anything. He won't get dressed and would rather be ice cold than get his own clothes. But the worst is how he is always always jumping on me, hitting me, throwing things at me, sitting on my feet or climbing up my legs, choking me, or running and knocking me over. I hate it!!
Now Eirik, There is never a moment when he is not 1. watching tv, 2. scheming about how he can get more tv time, or 3. asking to watch tv 4. complaining that I'm the stupidest mom ever and how I NEVER let him watch tv, and 5. talking about tv.
I HATE IT! I told them that since it is winter vacation they could watch 2 hours a day and play 2 hours of computer time or Wii time per day. A deal I believed to be quite generous. They have all kinds of new Christmas toys and the house is full of fun things to do, but it is still a fight everyday all day long. I hate that TV so much that several times a day I want to kick it in. If I am not if fighting mode, they will sit and watch shows from 6:30 am when Eirik wakes up and immediately goes down and turns it on, to when I tell them to go to bed. That has never happened, but I'm sure they would never turn it off on their own. Plus, the minute I turn it off, they are fighting with each other and me. Oh, the contention! I hate it! I can put tons of energy into activities for them to do and the second they see a tiny break in my effort, they ask to go watch a show. Nothing I do can ever compete. I feel like it's always an uphill battle that I will not win. Joren follows Eirik. When Eirik is at school, Joren likes my activities and we have fun learning and playing and exercising and talking. I have not connected with Eirik all week since Christmas because he has been so into that stupid tv.
So, I thought he went back to school Monday, but he has yet another week at home. I am going to have to get serious and think smart to have a good week next week because this one.. not so good! All our favorite play date friends went to Utah for the vacation. I feel so alone out here! I think Christmas tends to bring out some of the worst in kids.. and the best, but some of the worst too. Greedy little gusses. I wanted to lock them in their rooms today.
My poor baby! If these three don't kill you , they will make you a very strong and gracious woman! I KNOW! I sympathise! I love you and love that you keep trying and trying and trying. Don't hesitate to use the drastic measure of cutting the cord if they can not be obedient. They will scream bloody murder and they do not know that it is all repairable and you will get better attitudes after a week or so of screaming and crying. Hard is good!
ReplyDelete