Sunday, November 13, 2016

Roller Skating

We went to Oaks park to go skating as a family when Eirik's school teacher invited his whole class to skate.  We were ALL surprised to find out how much we loved it. Juni was adorabe in her little strap on skates and effervescent attitude. Nothing got her down. Teig was like a constant ball of motion.  There was no stopping him, even the 5000 falls which seemed to be part of the whirl of forward momentum.  And Joren found a groove and took off on his own all night long.  He went around and around and around with pure determination.  Eirik and Jake and Jeanette all had a great time too. There were calls to go back the next night and the next and the next, but we settled on a week later.  The night agreed to came and the adults were not as excited to go since Halloween was the next night and we had to leave a party at the school early to go skating.  It seemed like too much.  Despair was in the air.  Joren said, "I want skating to be my life! I love skating. I want to go three times a week!"  Teig was so mad! He said, "If I could, I would run away and go skating right now." I took just Teig and Joren and the three of us had a great time. The third weekend, we took my mom and dad.  The Westovers met us there.  If we can get Eirik more on board, we will have a family activity we all love.


No comments:

Post a Comment