Donald Trump won. It amazes me. I am floored that our country could nominate and elect someone like him. I could talk a lot about this, but this is not the forum.
Paul and I were downtown at the Blazers basketball game on Friday
night. At the end of the game reports came from the PA that I-5 and I-84
were closed due to the third night of demonstrations. That was our way home, so we
took our time in the parking garage looking for alternatives. I said,
"Let's go dancing!" We started looking for a place to go dancing and I
turned the radio to a new station. The radio announced that downtown
Portland was a war zone! There were bombs going off and I could hear
all the screaming behind the announcer. We found a route and came
straight home. It would have been fun to go dancing, but not tonight! We still had a great time together. The Blazers won by 1 in overtime.
My parents have been here for 13 days
working on a remodel they are doing in Willsonville. I helped with the finishes for about a week. They left this morning. My mom and I got to go to Value Village together and I sneaked her away to look at pinterest and art ideas a couple of times, but most of the time, she was busy working with my dad. They watched the kids so we could go to the game. I got to talk to my dad about the drama with his siblings that occurred when his Mom died. It's really sad that they don't communicate better and that there is so much pain in their relationships. They really needed their Dad not to die so young. I wish he lived longer. Jeanette sang in church today with a group of 5 women. It was beautiful. Eirik gave a talk on being reverent and having respect for Heavenly Father. It was very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment