Then I was talking to Joren in his room. I asked if he wanted me to hang something he brought home from school on his wall and he said,"no, I'm not really the school type mom." I asked him what he meant by that. He said "I'm just not good at it." I asked what he was not good at and after some persuasion he finally said, "I'm just not good at listening. I want to do my own thing and just be me."
It's going to take some getting used to. I don't know if I've fostered their indipendant free thinking tendencies or if they have just come that way, but they both fight me on just about everything. I don't envy their teachers. We wrote a 4 page letter to Jorens teacher telling him some of his successes and challenges from his previous school teachers hoping it would give her some insight on how to best approach his learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment