Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Mystery pie
Tonight I made mystery pie for FHE treat. The recipe said "tastes exactly like apple pie". Really, the filling is made of all zucchini. I had high hopes that this might be a winning recipe so I presented it to the kids with a big smile on my face. It looked wonderful delicious and bubbling as I pulled it out of the oven. Eirik was the first to begin. Typically he won't eat anything I make, but this pie looked so good he got halfway through his piece before the rest of this started to make weird faces. I could not even eat the filling. And when Paul revealed that this was no apple pie, we all started to laugh. I laughed hysterically. I laughed so hard, I cried. Eirik misunderstood and thought I was laughing at him because he had been tricked. I guess in a way I was, but I did not mean to make him feel bad. The best part was that he really liked it. He won't touch a vegetable with a ten foot pole but he ate two pieces of zucchini pie! Paul was clever enough to turn the incident into a family home evening lesson. He compared the pie to the way Satan disguises sin and we had a nice discussion. I just loved the confusion and surprise on everyone's faces. I have not laughed so hard in a long time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hilarious. I hate when I put that much time and effort into something for it to turn out badly! But what a funny situation to result from it.
ReplyDelete