Friday, October 5, 2012

Gender revealed

When the picture showed on the screen of the ultrasound, Paul and I were both pretty sure we were seeing boy parts.  Paul mouthed "boy" to me and we were both resolute.  Dr. Butto looked around for a bit and then determedly stated, "I don't see any boy parts here."  What!?! We sat spellbound.  We tried to breath.  We could not say a word.  Then finally I whispered, "are you sure?"  Again he confirmed that he was 99% sure that what we were seeing was female.  Could it really be?  I was so determined to be happy that we were having another boy that I had not let myself even imagine how I would feel if it were a girl.  I had not practiced, even once the scenario where he would say, "girl".  I was afraid to react.  I was afraid he would say, "oh wait, look here..." but he did not.  
I was so sure I would still be the only girl in the family, and that Teirje would be in my arms in 5 months that I could not even process the news fast enough.  Then the appointment was over.  Dr. Butto shook our hands and said, "you can run with that news can't you?"  and we walked out of the office still in complete shock and disbelief.  
Could it really be?  Do I really get to have a baby girl?  Do I really get to have a daughter to love and teach and connect with in that way that only mother and daughter can?  I am beyond thrilled.  I am ecstatic.   March 8th is going to be fun and the months of getting ready to have a girl in the house are going to be a blast too.  How long do you think I will be able to wait before I start designing girl stuff?  We'll balance out those boys won't be Juniper Gayle?  It's going to be a whole different dynamic in the Aanderud home now.  Watch out boys because you don't have any idea what is coming. :)  Yippee!

We went to Anona's house where the boys were waiting to hear the news.  We all crowded around the table and let Eirik and Joren share the knife as they cut into the cake.  When pink was revealed they both screamed "Girl!!"  Eirik said, "I'm going to have a sister!!!?"  They were so excited.  Teig jumped up and down for joy.  It was awesome!  They have all been saying how much they want a sister.  They are going to be the best big brothers!  Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. Aahhhhhhhh! Congrats Mel! That's so exciting! I know the feeling well. I knew Max was another girl almost for sure. To have two girls and two boys was too much to hope. My morning sickness was just as bad as it was with the girls. And to top it off, our early sneak ultrasound done by Derek and his other FP resident friend looked like no boy parts. So when I went in two weeks later for the real ultrasound by the tech with years of practice and she told/showed me that it was most definitely a boy, I literally cried I was so happy. I mentally apologized to the little girl he was not and felt overwhelming gratitude for everything this symbolized to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! congratulations. So so exciting!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Melody!! I'm so excited for you and all your men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melody--We have three boys and a girl. Macy is a dream come true. She is five months old today--it has gone by WAY too fast! I CAN'T WAIT for you to have as much fun with your little girlie as I'm having with mine. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete