Sunday, April 22, 2012

non-fiction

Playing the animal guessing game today Eirik insisted that we all took more than 20 questions to guess the golden breasted eagle.  We said we did not thing there was such an animal and he insisted that he had seen such an animal in the library at school in a non-fiction eagle book.  Joren said, "Eirik, you're so non-fictiony."  Eirik said, "I love studying."  Joren replied, "you're freaking me out."
It's hard to argue with a 6 year old who likes to quote non-fiction books.

Yesterday Eirik told me a lie.  I was explaining that lies are not permitted in our house and Joren said, in all sincerity, "so we can only lie outside?"

Joren still does not say l's or th's.  I think I will have a little crying moment when he starts to say, "I love you" instead of , "I just wove you so much."  

I spent a lot of time in the woods behind our house this week building forts and exploring with Joren.  The moment he gets home from preschool, he runs to his woods.  He tells me all the time he wants to sleep in a tree and live in the woods.  He wears his fur vest and jeans with no shirt and no shoes to do much of his "expworin in ve woods".  He calls himself a caveman or a adventurer.  He has a mighty stick collection and he makes tools and weapons out of sticks and rocks as his main hobby.  They are everywhere!

We lost Teig's bottle this week and for a couple of days he had to go without one for the first time in his life.  I baby grows up a lot when they don't get their familiar comforts.  He learned to say bobble, which I think is his first 2 syllable word, and he is showing some pretty fierce independence.  I had to make a big change in my behavior to him because I realized I have been happy letting him stay the baby in some ways and I have not been explaining every little thing to him like I used to do to Eirik.  Since Eirik could talk so well by this age, I was explaining everything to him, but Teig can understand as well as Eirik can, he just does not say the words yet.  I need to step up his education in a big way.   He is not a baby anymore and he is hungry to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment