At the park Paul and I had struck up a conversation with a fascinating woman. Eirik patiently waited for a break in the conversation when he tactfully said, "excuse me, but is that your Audi in the parking lot? She was stunned and said, "how did you know?" He replied, "I noticed your keychain and recognized the Audi symbol. Don't you love how the inside of the Audis has all the buttons and gadgets. We call ours a spy car." She was, as were we, duly impressed.
Today I said, "Eirik, aren't you glad I set up playdates with so many of your favorite friends?" He thought about it the whole way home. I could tell because when we got home he said, "take a seat mom, here are my three favorite crystals. Why don't you relax and have a blanket and I will make you a special treat." Then, as he prepared something special in the kitchen he said, "mom don't worry about a thing. I'm going to take care of everything." Then he presented me with dried cranberries, cheese-it's, a candy cane from Christmas, and 3 wheat thins, served with a glass of water; my favorite.
Later, we read the story of Samual the Lamanite. I wasn't sure if anyone was listening, but after I had read it I asked Eirik to tell Joren a little about Samual. Eirik climbed up on the arm of the couch and told us all that we had all better repent or we would all be destroyed. He said we must prepare, for Christ will be born and when he is born there will be a new star and when he dies there will be darkness and earthquakes and storms. Then we pretended to throw sticks and arrows at him and he jumped down from the wall and ran to his Lamanite home.
I do believe that child remembers every single thing I have ever read to him; practically word for word.
Tonight Eirik said,
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for everything. Thank you for this beautiful earth. Please help us to enjoy this test down here on earth. It's going pretty well so far. Thank you for my family. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
Joren:
"I wish I could get baptized in milk."
He also insists that we call him "J Rock Grey Crayon" but he does change his name many times a day. Sometimes it's Baby Flappy, sometimes it's sock, sometimes it's fletch or any other make believe word he has come up with, but it's important to remember what he is going by at the moment. He hates to keep his clothes on and thinks that bums and all things related are the funniest things in the entire world. He knows how to spell his name but likes to tell you that you really spell it G.E.L.
It's hard to remember to write down some of the random things that are constantly coming out of his mouth. He invents his own words all the time ie: today he said "parmesan means go." OK, Joren, Parmesan upstairs please! Here are two I happened to remember to jot down.
"you can put really silly gum in a spy's mouth and spit it out at people."
"My pet shark doesn't wike (like) to say the word wealthy because it's an ugly word."
What does that MEAN?? His sweetness and his mischievousness are so endearing. He tells me all the time, "I won't do it anymore mommy." And I just keep on falling for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment