Friday, October 24, 2014

Promises and primary program



"Break your heart and  cross to die??"
Teig

Today was the primary program. I'm the music leader. I hoped for another awesome story like the time that Teig held up his teachers giant quad scriptures over his head during "scripture power" and fell over backward with the weight of it." but nothing like that happened. There were no funny snags. The kids were well behaved and we all got lots of compliments. Teig started off the whole program by climbing up on the stool and craning his neck to reach the microphone and saying in his adorable tiny voice, "Our primary theme this year is Families are forever." Joren's part was, "Families are necessary part of God's plan. I love my family because I like to snuggle with them." Eirik's part was, "I know that families are part of Gods plan. I can show my love to my family. I show my love to my mom by making her breakfast in bed. I show my love to my dad by helping with the kids. I show my love to Joren by helping with his games. I show love to Teig by letting him count my money over and over. He loves it. I show love to Juni by playing dolls with her."
I arranged a violin duet to play over the singing in the last song. At our only practice it sounded pretty awful, but today it was perfectly lovely. I don't know what happened, but it was just right.
I don't feel like being the singing leader fits me very well. I have to force myself to prepare every week and I trudge through it, but I love the kids so much and enjoy my time with them when I get there. I admire teachers immensely. It is not easy for me. I'm glad today is over and I'm glad that we got to have singing time sitting on blankets and having fun. I stapled song titles to autumn leaves that I threw over the kids. They had to catch them and we sang all fun and easy songs and ate snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment