Sunday, March 9, 2014

Eiriks baptism!

Today was Eiriks baptism!
It was an amazing experience. Our family and friends packed the primary room. There was standing room only.
I remember when Eirik was blessed at how overwhelmed I felt by the power of all the worthy priesthood holders surrounding Eirik for his blessing. It was the same today. The strength within that circle of men combined to bless and call down the power of God in behalf of our son was incredible. Paul gave Eirik a wonderful blessing. The spirit was present in abundance. I wish there was a better way I knew to describe how it feels to feel the Holy Ghost. I guess I'll just say that the room felt like it was glowing and swelling with energy and warmth. My parents and Patty and John all shared their testimonies in their talks. Patty shared that when she was 7 and she was in a big car accident she remembered being very hurt and going to the hospital and crying and crying until she could not cry anymore. Finally her father came into the room and gave her a priesthood blessing. She said she stopped crying and felt a great comfort. She said a spirit came over her and she could feel herself healing. She also bore witness that when she and John work in the temple the veil is very thin and they witness beautiful things.
My dad shared a story too. He said that Eirik was lucky to have parents who care so much about him. He said that without the Holy Ghost who knows what might have happened the day that I swallowed a penny as a baby and was not breathing. My dad did not know what to do but the spirit prompted him to lift me up by the feet and smack my back. When he did the penny came out. It was really cool to have the grandparents give joint talks because we got to hear all their testimonies. Eirik gave a great testimony too.
Men in the confirmation circle: Paul, Ben Aanderud, Grandpa Rallison, David Law, John Clifford, Dave Friedman, John Falk, Cory (Emily's husband,) Danny Falk, Steve Rallison. Bishop Chandler conducted and he was fantastic.





No comments:

Post a Comment