Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving

We got to celebrate Thanksgiving this year at the Balmforth's house with some of our favorite people.  The Walkers, Davis's and the Miners.  There were lots of children, games and plenty to eat.  Paul and I brought 2 deserts, appetizers and a veggie platter.  It was a little strange to not cook all day before and during thanksgiving this year.  It was almost like it was way too easy.  It was a good break after getting ready for Joren's birthday.  It was relaxing and fun.  Paul did an amazing rendition of a Queen song on Rock Band.  Seriously, he was incredible! 
Reflecting on what I am thankful for this year makes me awe struck.  It's remarkable to think about all the luxuries we enjoy that literally most of the world throughout history has not enjoyed.  Just the basics of health, freedom and safety make me overwhelmed with gratitude.  At a time when many countries have displaced civilians, bombing, and constant anxiety for the future day to day, we enjoy warmth and comfort and constant entertainment with abundance.  I know how easily it can be taken away and with that knowledge I am so aware of the fragility of our blessed circumstances.  I thank the Lord for giving us all we have and pray we work to not be slothful servants in His sight.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. It's good to see our lives in the big picture and how blessed we are. while also to not set our hearts on the conveniences of life but rather recognize what is most important - our relationships with our family, friends, and Heavenly Father. Thanks for the reminder. We loved having Thanksgiving with you guys! We love you!

    ReplyDelete