Monday, March 12, 2012

Gladys Knight

Last night Paul and I got to go to the stake center by the Detroit temple and watch Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices Choir perform gospel music.  It was quite a show.  Gladys and her husband shared their testimonies and conversion stories.  Brother McDowell, Gladys' husband said, "We are not her to convince you that this is the true church; we are here to inform you.  The Holy Ghost will do the convincing."  He was very cool.  Gladys Knight talked about families and the institution of marriage and how important it is to Heavenly Father.  She talked about Family Home Evening and  canning and quilting.  We sat next to this black couple.  Every few minutes the man would say, "Well" to show his support of their words.  It was awesome to sit by them.  The choir and Gladys worked hard to break down race barriers and I think they were effective.  I love that they came to Detroit.  I hope we get some more people attending church because of this show.  In other stakes where they have performed, there have been over 1000 referrals!   It was quite a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment